- Wednesday, May 10, NO Glee Rehearsal due to STAAR testing, 3-4:30
- Thursday, May 11, NO A Cappella Rehearsal 3-4:30
- Thursday, May 11, Solo Act Tech Rehearsal (to prep for Pop Show), 3-4:30
- Wednesday, May 17, Glee Rehearsal, 3:00-4:30 PM
- Thursday, May 18, A Cappella Rehearsal, Full After School Group, 3:00--4:30 PM
- Friday, May 19, 6th Annual Pop is Power Concert, 6:00-7:30 (Students stay after school to rehearse and are provided pizza for dinner. Required for all Choir, A Cappella and Glee students. Students must wear their choir shirts & dark (blue or black) pants.)
- Thurday, May 25, End-of-the-year Lock-in! 8:00 PM - 12:00 AM for 6th Grade, 7:30 PM - 7 AM for 7th/8th grade. (Students are supervised closely, and boys and girls have separate sleeping areas.) This is an OPTIONAL way to celebrate the end of the year! It is super fun! We will have karaoke, games, and movies! Please join if you can.) Volunteers, sign up for a shift here! :-)https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rEnRAlr8gSu2SAWz8dO7QNIeqbIndicp9cpBB9wZiqE/edit?usp=sharing
Below our our May updates. This may be our last update for the year! It's been a great one. :-) As always, please remember that only underlined events are required for all choir, glee and a cappella students.
Please add your requests for the pop show to this google doc! Please specify if you want this to be performed by your choir, or for the full group.
Here are our updates for the next couple of weeks, as well as important end-of-the-year dates. Remember, only underliend events are required for ALL Choir, Glee & A Cappella students.
I am so glad you are interested in Kealing Choir! If you are coming in with choir experience, or know you would like to take year-long choir as opposed to semester (Beginning) choir, please consider completing a Placement Audition. Sign up for a time here, and send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. At the audition you will:
I look forward to meeting you!
It's been pretty quiet around here since the Region competition in terms of special events and concerts. However, all students have been diligently working in class to prepare for the Spring Concert! Below are our upcoming events. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns, and remember that the only events required for ALL students are the underlined events. Thanks!
Our Advanced Choir students and a handful of Intermediate Choir and Boys' Choir students have been working diligently since winter break and the start Spring semester to prepare for the Region competition! I am so proud of all of their hard work! Today you ALL represented Kealing well, and should all be very proud of the time and effort you have put into learning this music! :-)
Congratulations to the 19 students below who are members of the TMEA Region 18 Choir. They will have a performance at the Austin ISD PAC on Saturday February 4 at 4 PM.
7th Grade Treble
8th Grade Treble
Thank you so much, parents and students, for such a fantastic Fall semester! I hope you are all enjoying your break.
7th/8th Grade Advanced Girls' and Advanced Mixed Choir students, please remember that Region is just around the corner! The competition is Saturday, January 21, and if selected, the Clinic/Concert is Saturday, February 4. You've had access to the practice MP3s throughout winter break, and are expected to perform the music for a quiz grade (in small groups) on Thursday (Mixed Choir) and Friday (Adv. Girls). It does NOT need to be memorized.
Please let me know if you have questions. Below is the Permission slip for your parents convenience, and I'll also give one in class next week.
Please enjoy the rest of your break and have a wonderful New Year!
Advanced Girls' Choir,
Thank you to all who auditioned! It was a very difficult decision. Congratulations Lucy, you will have the solo!
Below are our remaining events for the semester! Remember that the only events required for ALL students are the underlined events. Thanks!
Hi students! Can you contribute (loan or donate) materials and/or decorations to the "Haunted Hallway?" Please discuss with your parents first. If you can, please complete the information on this google doc! Thanks so much!